Position: Full Time
Location: Northampton & Remote
Hours: 9-5:30, Mon-Fri
Salary: £25,000-28,000 DOE
Nephew are a full service design studio that exists to transform brands in a way that achieves their commercial objectives. We use the power of brand design to create purpose and value for consumers, employees, stakeholders and fans in the Lifestyle, Sports and Entertainment industries.
We're looking for an experienced and talented designer to join our team and help our clients build better brands.
What we're looking for:
- A ridiculously talented and diverse designer (your work must be of the highest quality)
- Specialises in designing brand identities and applying this identity in the real-world
- At least 4 years experience in an agency environment
- You are ready for more: responsibility; challenges; growth
- An insatiable appetite for branding and design
- Have a broad understanding of brand design, design systems and brand experience
- Able to imagine, communicate and execute unique ideas, guided by a clear brief
- Able to manage projects from start to finish and work confidently with clients (in-person, via phone, email and video call)
What we're NOT looking for:
- Someone fresh out of uni (we need experience, immediately)
- Sub-standard portfolio that does not provide evidence and scope of your work
- An innate understanding of all the facets of brand design: typography, colour, layout, imagery, and a knowledge for how all those elements work together to represent a brand's personality, voice and values.
- Understand both digital and traditional methods of how brands work and function
- Able to bring your ideas to life across digital and traditional platforms
- An ability to invent new, original ideas that solve client problems that are not bound by standard convention
- An attitude to challenge the status quo but with a broad and open mindset
- Interested in how culture affects the world and the psychology of human beings
Some of the daily skills we expect for the role are:
- Use the Adobe Creative Suite to execute ideas on brand identities (rebrands or new brands)
- Design for all types of brand collateral (print, digital, point of sale, general marketing)
- Manage your time effectively and ensure tasks are delivered on time
- Manage the expectations of clients and give them a positive experience
- Be involved in the creation of proposals and estimates for new projects
- Play an active role in the development and positioning of the Nephew brand
Who you'll report to:
You will be joining a small team of multi-disciplinary designers and will have support of the team to deliver your day-to-day responsibilities. You will report directly to Ben Morgan, Head of Creative at Nephew.
The position is open to being remote, so your location will not be a restriction. However, you must be able and willing to come to our Northampton-based office at agreed times and attend face-to-face client meetings when required.
We believe in the power of design and design thinking to positively impact brands, to help them transform from an undesired state to a future desired state. We work with clients in Lifestyle, Sports and Entertainment to help them achieve their objectives. We're trusted by brands and organisations such as: M&C Saatchi Merlin, Xaxis, Craig David, Crown Shoes, hVIVO, Carpigiani, Innovate UK, Insight Guides, Universal Music, Winterhalter, HSBC and Sony Music. All brands and organisations with ambition and a trust in design for competitive advantage.
How to Apply:
To apply please send an email with the subject ‘Midweight Designer’ to email@example.com and include the following:
- A covering letter (under 300 words), describing why you’d be a perfect fit for our team
- A PDF portfolio of your work or a link to your online portfolio
- Your CV